– excellent remedy for headaches, sinus problems, aka allergies, and TMJD. Head massage promotes mental relaxation and allows the nervous system to get into its normal rhythm letting go of overall tension in the body. Scalp massage can promote new hair growth, and if you never tried craniosacral therapy is will blow your mind!
– is a must if you use a cell phone for everything. Don’t forget that neck is a part of the spine, so it is not uncommon to have a combination of neck and back pain as they essentially are one. Neck massage can also help with pain running down your arm. I do not recommend deep tissue massage on the neck, as it’s already under a lot of pressure from constant gravity. It’s better to revive the range of motion with bodywork.
– if you have pain in one shoulder, both shoulders need massage as they belong to a shoulder “girdle.” Pain in the overactive, dominant arm/shoulder is quickly relieved by activating the other shoulder. To sustain the relief longer – adjust your weight training to unilateral exercises (one arm at a time). However, if you have pain between the shoulders, it may come from a locked thoracic spine, and shoulder massage may be of little help.
Upper Back Massage
– yes, it is pleasant to be rubbed where you can’t reach and feel a tremendous amount of tension from your “hunched over a computer all day” posture. But know, muscles in that area are typically weak and strained. Massage aims to relax. When you relax weak muscles, it can have a negative effect. To relieve upper back discomfort, one must work on leveling the pelvis and balancing the whole spine first.
Lower Back Massage
– sitting is the new smoking, they say. It is toxic to the whole body, especially to the lumbar spine. Massage on the low back is a temporary relief. The secret to back pain is hidden in the hips. Gain awareness of your pelvis, find your hip flexors firing, and strain from the lower back will disappear. After a set of bodywork sessions, learn sitting posture to maintain a healthy back and prevent common L5-S1 surgeries.
– hips have various movements, but an average human uses a fourth of its capacity. You lose what you don’t use, “thinks” the hip, and starts hurting. Massage on all four sides of the hip is needed, such as adductors, quads, hamstrings, and glutes. It’s essential to explain exactly where your pain starts and where it ends because lumbar spine imbalance can also cause pain in the hip and leg.
– popular by runners and hikers of all kinds, however very beneficial for overall health and recommended for those with sedentary lifestyles. Lower legs contain muscles that pump blood back to the heart, and when you stand or sit too much, the whole organism suffers. If you have a history of ankle sprains and now your ankles don’t bother you anymore, but you have knee pain, please stop bracing your knee and receive a massage in the area of the sprain instead.
– aka reflexology needs no advertisement. If you wear shoes, you automatically love a foot massage. It is not just pleasant when done professionally but can improve organ function and energy flow. However, to help with hill spurs or other diagnosed foot problems, it’s best to get a massage on calves and strengthen glutes or neck muscles.
– like in feet, there are points in hands that can help better energy flow. If you work on a computer and start experiencing the signs of carpal tunnel, don’t rush into surgery but see a qualified bodyworker. If you have pain around your thumb, it can be from local muscle due to overuse, but if hand massage doesn’t help, try to relieve it with neck and shoulder massage, it could come from a trigger point located up the myofascial chain.
– or rather an abdominal massage is something many clients like to avoid due to self-conscious feelings. If you never had a professional abdominal massage, you should go for it. There is so much benefit for the digestive system, breathing, and your emotional mind. If you have one-sided lower back pain that no amount of back massage has fixed, be surprised by the immediate effects stomach massage can provide. Ladies with C- Section trauma, please understand that your current back, neck, hip, shoulder, or incontinence can be the consequences of that surgery, and proper scar release should solve it.
Full Body Massage
– is to maintain an already balanced body. If you have pain, it’s best to assess and fix the issue with bodywork. But even when you order full body massage from the spa menu, the average therapist will avoid essential areas like the chest, buttocks, and abdominals. Depending on the body size, there is not enough time to fit all body parts into a two-hour session, even less into an hour session. As long as you understand that full body massage is spreading the work thin and don’t expect any physical pain relief, it’s a nice treat for general relaxation of mind and body.